Frequently Asked Questions
- When is the police department open?
- What number do I call if I need to speak to a police officer?
- How do I file a police report?
- How do I get a copy of a police report or an accident report?
- What is the average time for a report to be completed?
- Where do I report drug activity?
- Where can I go to get fingerprinted for employment purposes?
- Can I drop off expired or unused prescription medications at your offices?
- Where do I pay a parking ticket?
- Where do I go to pay a traffic or non-traffic citation issued by a City of Jeannette Police Officer?
- Is there a curfew in Jeannette?
- Does the City of Jeannette have an animal control officer?
- Do I need to register my burglar or fire alarm with the City?
- How do I report Junk Vehicles, Disabled Vehicles, Vehicles Out-of-Inspection or with Expired Registration?
- Where can I find a list of the City Ordinances?
The City of Jeannette Police Dept. operates every day - twenty-four hours a day, seven days per week. However, the police dept. secretary only provides service during normal business hours. Normal business hours are Monday – Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Always call 9-1-1 for an emergency.
When you are requesting a police response for non-emergencies you can call (724) 527-4013, during normal business hours. You can leave a message on the station’s answering machine; however, it may not be picked up until the next business day. If you need to speak to an officer before that time, call 9-1-1 to request an officer to get in contact with you.
You can contact the City of Jeannette Police Dept. Monday – Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. If there’s an emergency or it’s during non-business hours, you will have to contact 9-1-1 to speak to an officer. An officer will be dispatched to your location or they will contact you by phone.
You can contact our secretary during normal business hours at (724) 527-4013. There is a $15.00 fee for a copy of a police report which is payable in cash, check or money order.
Reports vary in time of completion. Some are very simple and can usually be completed in 1 to 2 days. Others such as Reportable Accident reports can take longer. Please be patient, as the report will be completed.
The City of Jeannette Police Department has a Drug Hotline, 724-527-4000 ext. 11. Please notify the Police Department of any suspected drug activity that has you concerned. Leave a detailed message. If you would like a returned call, leave your name and number and someone will return your call at our earliest convenience.
ALL INFORMATION WILL BE KEPT CONFIDENTIAL!
Fingerprinting for employment is done during normal business hours, Monday – Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Residents of the City of Jeannette will be fingerprinted for free. There is a $10.00 fee for non-residents which is payable by cash, check or money order only.
Yes – there is a Medication Drop Box located in the Treasurer’s office located at City Hall. They open to the public during normal business hours, Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Please make sure the pills are either contained in a pill bottle and/or plastic bag. Please do not place “loose” pills into the drop box. Also, we are not accepting liquids or syringes of any kind.
There are many ways to pay a parking ticket. Place payment in envelope, seal and:
- Bring it to City of Jeannette Police Dept. Monday – Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.; or
- Mail it to the address on the back of the envelope; or
- Drop it in the courtesy box outside at the bottom of City Hall steps; or
- Drop it off at the Treasurer’s office.
Payment is accepted by cash, check or money order.
Traffic and non-traffic citations are to be paid at the magistrate’s office. You can respond by mail or in person to:
District Court 10-1-01
101 Jayhawk Drive
Jeannette, PA 15644
Yes. It is unlawful for juveniles, age 17 and younger, to be out in public between 11:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m. unless they are in the company of an adult member of their immediate family.
Yes. The City of Jeannette has a contract with Hoffman Kennels in Delmont. Their number is 724-468-5505.
No. You do not need to register your alarm system with the City of Jeannette. Just keep your alarm company up to date with after hour contact information in case of an emergency.